Last week I wrote this piece for Comic Book Resources about the new Teen Titans #1 cover. The point of the piece was hey, there’s a broad demographic DC *could* be hitting with this book but the cover is certainly not made for that potential demographic. Instead, it’s more of the same-old,…
As the comic book industry grows and is exposed to more and more people who are not typical superhero readers, I hope this behavior will be regarded for what it is: unprofessional nonsense, not to be tolerated by the industry. I hope publishers will come to expect a standard of behavior from the artists and writers they hire, and will not tolerate harassment and dismissal of women in the industry.
Comic book professionals, you are PROFESSIONALS. It’s time to start acting like it.
Jim Henson with creatures from ‘The Dark Crystal' (1982)
Look at how much it wants to be touched, listen to that purr
Loud Kitten is on my dash again. Must reblog.
While I was watching this, my cat literally got jealous. Came over and started rubbing against my legs and climbing my chair for attention.
Go Spine Go by Steam Powered Giraffe
Here you go… I got a little camera happy this concert because I got an actual camera. But I only made one video because I prefer to see them with my actual eyeballs! And I wanted to test my new video…
Recommend viewing full quality, of course, so as to catch all of The Spine’s smirking and swaggering and some dirty looks… He’s the highlight, seriously.
Apologies for the camera angle cutting off Hatchy for much of it, as well as Walter Girl Chelsea. I do think the angle works fairly well considering The Spine is wandering around, though…
OMG so wanted to see this performed! I can kinda see why they may not have wanted to do it while David’s back was acting up bad, though. He’s very animated for this. I’m sure all the handshakes with the audience made some fan’s day.
- clean bathroom tips
- organize your closet
- how to fix a leaky faucet
- how to keep a clean kitchen
- removing stains from your carpet
- how to coupon
- what to do when you can’t pay your bills
- see if you’re paying too much for your cell phone bill
- how to save money
- How to Balance a Check Book
- How to do Your Own Taxes
- how to take care of yourself when you’re sick
- things to bring to a doctor’s appointment
- what to expect from your first gynecologist appointment
- how to make a doctor’s appointment
- how to pick a health insurance plan
- a list of stress relievers
- how to get free therapy
- what to do if you get pulled over by a cop
- a list of hotlines in a crisis
- things to keep in your car in case of an emergency
- recipes that take 30 minutes or less
- Yummy apple thing
- Brownie in a cup
- Cookie in a cup
- French bread pizza
- Egg tacos
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- various cookie recipes
- chocolate cupcakes w/ eggless cookie dough topping
- s’mores pie
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers
- brownie in a mug
- how to make ramen 1000x better
- eggless cookie dough (not to bake, just to eat)
- make recipes using things you already have
- how to put together a very fancy cheese plate
- make different flavored lemonades
- various desert recipes
- make tiny chocolate chip cookies
- 20 dishes every cook should know
- learn how to make your own tea
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug
- Study snacks (2)
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipes
- what the hell is a mortgage?
- first apartment essentials checklist
- how to care for cacti and succulents
- the care and keeping of plants
- Getting an apartment
- time management
- create a resume
- find the right career
- how to pick a major
- how to interview for a job
- How to write cover letters
- ULTIMATE PACKING LIST
- Traveling for Cheap
- Travel Accessories
- The Best Way to Pack a Suitcase
- How To Read A Map
- How to Apply For A Passport
- How to Make A Travel Budget
If you can pronounce correctly every word in this poem, you will be speaking English better than 90% of the native English speakers in the world.
After trying the verses, a Frenchman said he’d prefer six months of hard labour to reading six lines aloud.
OUR TEACHER MADE US READ THIS OUT LOUD IN CLASS AND I DIED
I still can’t say anemone
I only stuttered like twice and I’m stupidly proud.
Found two unfamiliar words in this… and may print it out to show my coworker who’s in ESL classes.